I was sent this email today. I was not the only one sent this email. Christian Hudson sent this email to a large number of people, including Ron Sams (and his gavel) as well as many of our Sussex County Republican Representatives.
I will not be discussing this email; I will just be sharing the email. Opinions welcome:
As a member of the Executive Committee of the Sussex County GOP, I plan on making the following motion at the next regular meeting. This division in the Republican Party has become a side-show, and it has gone on long enough. I can only imagine the glee that the Liberals and Progressives in the Democrat party must be feeling right now seeing the Republicans divided as they are currently. This division in the Republican Party will be hard enough to heal as it is. We have only a short time before the next election, and we need time to heal these wounds before going to battle against the Liberals and Progressives in the Democrat party. I appreciate your service to the Republican Party of Sussex County; however, in order for us to move forward as a party I feel that it would be in the best interest of the party for you to resign effective immediately. As stated previously, I will be making the following motion at the next regular meeting.
THE SUSSEX COUNTY REPUBLICAN EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE, MOTION ASKING FOR THE FORMAL RESIGNATION OF THE CHAIRMAN OF THE SUSSEX COUNTY REPUBLICAN COMMITTEE BASED ON THE FOLLOWING GROUNDS:
WHEREAS, The Chairman’s primary duty is to preside over regular meetings to provide for an orderly environment for the Sussex County Republican Executive Committee to conduct its business. Chairman Ron Sams has consistently failed to abide by the official rules by:
1. Failure to take Roll Call to ensure that there is the necessary quorum per the official by-laws for the Committee to conduct any business whatsoever.
2. Failure to ensure order at the regular meetings thereby preventing the Executive Committee from conducting necessary business,
3. Failure to allow New Business to be brought before the Executive Committee by having pre-arranged Motions to Adjourn in order to intentionally and prematurely conclude the meetings.
4. Failure to recognize Executive Committee members, thereby preventing them from officially making a motion.
5. Failure to count the results of the “Yeas and the Neas,” resulting in a failure to officially resolve seconded motions on the floor.
WHEREAS, The Chairman’s position is one of an executive, for the express purpose of directing meetings at the pleasure of the Executive Committee; however, Chairman Ron Sams uses the power of the position to further his own personal agenda. The Chairman runs the meetings as though the Executive Committee is there at his pleasure, as if his position was one of a tyrant or sovereign king by:
1. Granting official appointments to the party in opposition to the rules clearly stating that the said positions have to be duly elected by the Executive Committee.
2. Failing to announce and approve the Treasurer’s Report.
3. Granting non-voting members a vote on matters exclusively the privilege of the Executive Committee such as voting on new members of the Executive Committee and Officers of the Executive Committee.
4. Intentionally omitting whole portions of the Official Agenda for the Executive Committee Meetings so as to suit his own political purposes against the will of the majority.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that the Executive Committee of the Republican Party of Sussex County Delaware hereby demands the formal and immediate resignation of Chairman Ron Sams effective immediately.
OK, I lied; we all know that I have to say at least one obvious thing here. It seems, as opposed to the commonly heard cry that the GOP is co-opting the Tea Party Movement, the Tea Party Movement may be co-opting the GOP (in Sussex County, Delaware, at least).