THE SUSSEX COUNTY REPUBLICAN EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE, MOTION ASKING FOR THE FORMAL RESIGNATION OF THE CHAIRMAN OF THE SUSSEX COUNTY REPUBLICAN COMMITTEE BASED ON THE FOLLOWING GROUNDS:
WHEREAS, The Chairman’s primary duty is to preside over regular meetings to provide for an orderly environment for the Sussex County Republican Executive Committee to conduct its business. Chairman Ron Sams has consistently failed to abide by the official rules by:
1. Failure to take Roll Call to ensure that there is the necessary quorum per the official by-laws for the Committee to conduct any business whatsoever.
2. Failure to ensure order at the regular meetings thereby preventing the Executive Committee from conducting necessary business,
3. Failure to allow New Business to be brought before the Executive Committee by having pre-arranged Motions to Adjourn in order to intentionally and prematurely conclude the meetings.
4. Failure to recognize Executive Committee members, thereby preventing them from officially making a motion.
5. Failure to count the results of the “Yeas and the Neas,” resulting in a failure to officially resolve seconded motions on the floor.
WHEREAS, The Chairman’s position is one of an executive, for the express purpose of directing meetings at the pleasure of the Executive Committee; however, Chairman Ron Sams uses the power of the position to further his own personal agenda. The Chairman runs the meetings as though the Executive Committee is there at his pleasure, as if his position was one of a tyrant or sovereign king by:
1. Granting official appointments to the party in opposition to the rules clearly stating that the said positions have to be duly elected by the Executive Committee.
2. Failing to announce and approve the Treasurer’s Report.
3. Granting non-voting members a vote on matters exclusively the privilege of the Executive Committee such as voting on new members of the Executive Committee and Officers of the Executive Committee.
4. Intentionally omitting whole portions of the Official Agenda for the Executive Committee Meetings so as to suit his own political purposes against the will of the majority.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that the Executive Committee of the Republican Party of Sussex County Delaware hereby demands the formal and immediate resignation of Chairman Ron Sams effective immediately.